By accessing or using the websites, mobile applications or blogs (collectively, the “Site”) provided by Beyond Complexion, www.beyondcomplexion.com to which we offer skincare advice and tips and make available our unique beauty products or other products for purchase (the “Products”) (collectively, with the Site, the “Services”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and all other terms incorporated herein by reference. Some of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions we specify from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into this Agreement by reference. This Agreement applies to all users of the Site.
ARBITRATION NOTICE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
2. Eligibility. 2.1 If you are below the age of consent under applicable law in the country in which you reside, then your parent or legal guardian must read and accept this Agreement in your name and on your behalf. 2.2 You represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Site. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change our eligibility criteria at any time. 2.3 We continually test new features, functionalities, services, user interfaces and Products that we are considering incorporating into or providing through our Site. We reserve the right to include or exclude you from these tests without notice. 2.4 You are solely responsible for ensuring that your use of the Services complies with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you. If the applicable law in the country in which you reside requires that you must be older than 13 to receive certain Services, then the minimum age is the legally required one. If you are a minor, you may wish to consult your parents about what portions of the Services are appropriate for you. The right to access the Site is revoked where this Agreement or use of the Site is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation.
4. Use of the Site. 4.1 The Site contains material, including but not limited to software, text, graphics and images (collectively referred to as the “Content”). We may own the Content, or portions of the Content may be made available to us through arrangements that we have with third parties. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Site is or will continue to be accurate. The Content is protected by United States and foreign intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may result in violation of copyright, trademark, and other laws. You have no rights in or to the Content, and you will not use, copy or display the Content, including but not limited to use of framing or mirrors, except as permitted under this Agreement. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of any of the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited. If you violate any part of this Agreement, your right to access and/or use the Content and Site shall automatically terminate and you shall immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content. 4.2 The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Beyond Complexion (the “Beyond Complexion Trademarks”) used and displayed in connection with the Services are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Beyond Complexion. Other company, product, and service names located on the Site or otherwise used in connection with the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties (the “Third Party Trademarks”, and, collectively with the Beyond Complexion Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing on the Site, in the Services or in this Agreement should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site or otherwise used in connection with the Services without our prior written consent specific for each such use. The Trademarks may not be used to disparage us or any applicable third party, our or the applicable third party’s products or services, or in any manner (using commercially reasonable judgment) that may damage any goodwill in the Trademarks. Use of any Beyond Complexion Trademarks as part of a link to or from any website is prohibited without our prior written consent. All goodwill generated from the use of any Beyond Complexion Trademark shall insure to our benefit. 4.3 You agree not to: (a) take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the Site’s infrastructure; (b) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activity being conducted on the Site; (c) attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or making up the Site; (d) delete or alter any material we or any other person or entity posts on the Site; or (e) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
6. User Content. 6.1 With respect to the Photos (as defined below), Submissions (as defined below), and any content or other materials you provide to or upload through the Site or share with other Site users or recipients (collectively, “User Content”), you represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein, and that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) take any action or upload, post, or otherwise distribute any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty. You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) take any action or upload, post, or otherwise distribute any User Content that you know if false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate, or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion. 6.2 The Site may pull content from our users who share photos and videos on Instagram using our brand hashtags, including, without limitation, #beyondcomplexion #mybc #bcskincare #bcfam #beyondcomplexionfam (collectively, the “Beyond Complexion Hashtags”), or tagging the @beyondcomplexion account (collectively, “Photos”). You acknowledge and agree that the Photos may be used in Beyond Complexion’s social media, emails and on the Site, and you hereby grant us permission to use and authorize others to use your name or social media handle in association with the Photos for identification, publicity related to the Services and similar promotional purposes, including after your termination of your Account or the Services. You represent and warrant that the posting and use of your Photos, including to the extent such Photos include your name, username, likeness, voice, or photograph, does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property rights. 6.3 By uploading any User Content you hereby grant and will grant Beyond Complexion and its affiliated companies, successors and assigns a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, copy, display, upload, publicly perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your User Content and any name, username, likeness, voice or photograph provided in connection with your User Content, without compensation to you, in connection with the operation of the Site or the promotion, advertising or marketing of the Services, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, and including after your termination of your Account or the Services. For clarity, the foregoing license does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights. 6.4 Except where prohibited by applicable law, by submitting User Content through the Site, you are waiving and agreeing not to assert any copyrights or “moral” rights or claim resulting from our alteration of the User Content or any Photos, Submissions, photograph(s), footage, illustrations, statements or other work contained in the User Content. You are also agreeing to appoint Beyond Complexion as your irrevocable attorney-in-fact with respect to the User Content, with the right to execute and deliver any documents, in your name and on your behalf, to ensure that we can use the User Content that you are licensing in any way we see fit, own and protect the rights in any derivative works created from your User Content, and have the User Content removed from any other website or forum. 6.5 You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Services (collectively, “Submissions”) that you provide to us are non-confidential and we will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without your acknowledgment or compensation to you. 6.6 You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve User Content and may also disclose User Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any User Content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Beyond Complexion, our users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Site, including your User Content, may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. IP Infringement. 7.1 We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify us of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below. We will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Beyond Complexion’s Copyright Agent at email@example.com (Subject line: “Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail at: 3600 Mystic Pointe Drive. #1601. Aventura, Fl. 33180 7.2 To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Site; your address, telephone number, and email address; a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf. 7.3 If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: your physical or electronic signature; identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled; a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located Miami, Florida and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. 7.4 If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it within ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion. 7.5 In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also at our sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the Accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
8. Payments; Ordering & Availability; Billing and Continuous Subscription Services. 8.1 You agree to provide accurate and up-to-date payment information at the time you order any Product. We have contracted with a third-party payment processor to facilitate purchases made on the Site. When you make a purchase through the Site, you will provide your payment details and any additional information required to complete your order directly to our third-party payment processor. You should be aware that online payment transactions are subject to validation checks by our payment processor and your card issuer and we are not responsible if your card issuer declines to authorize payment for any reason. For your protection, our payment processor uses various fraud prevention protocols and industry standard verification systems to reduce fraud and you authorize it to verify and authenticate your payment information. Please note, it is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for this. In some jurisdictions, our payment processor may use third parties under strict confidentiality and data protection requirements for the purposes of payment processing services. 8.2 You agree to have sufficient funds or credit available upon placement of any such order to ensure that the purchase price will be collectible by us. After you place your order, we will send you a confirmation email (the “Order Confirmation”). We strive to provide accurate pricing information regarding the Products available on the Site. We cannot, however, insure against pricing errors. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to not process or to cancel any orders placed for a Product whose price was incorrectly posted on the Site as a result of an error. If this occurs, we will notify you by email. The Site may contain information regarding the availability of Products. In rare cases, a Product may be in stock when you place the order, and sold out by the time we attempt to process the order. Should this happen, we will notify you by email and cancel the item from your order. We also may offer some Products for sale before they have been manufactured or arrive at our warehouse. When you preorder these Products, we will ship them out once they are available. In rare cases, these items may not become available for shipping. Should this happen, we will notify you by email and cancel the item from your order. 8.3 Unless otherwise specified, prices quoted are exclusive of: (a) the costs of shipping or carriage to the agreed place of delivery; and (b) value added tax and any other tax or duty which (where applicable) must be added to the price payable. You agree to pay for taxes, shipping or carriage of the Products as such costs are specified by us when you submit your order. 8.5 All orders of Products must be for your personal use only. By purchasing Products, you hereby agree not to resell or distribute such Products for any commercial purposes. All orders are subject to our acceptance or rejection based on Product availability, noncompliance with this Agreement or any other reason as determined in our sole discretion. For instance, if we have reason to believe that your order is not for personal use, we reserve the right to reject or cancel any order that you place. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take steps to verify your identity to process your order. We will either not charge you or refund the charges for orders that we cancel or do not process. 8.6 We attempt to provide accurate descriptions of Products. We do not warrant, however, that the descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. If a Product is not as described, your sole remedy is to return the item, unless otherwise specified in writing by us. We occasionally run promotions or provide limited-time offers for our Products. Please review the promotion or offer for eligibility and other terms and conditions. All other information with respect to the purchase of Products from the Site can be found on the Order Help Page located at FAQ including our policies on shipping and tax, billing, order acceptance, gift cards, and returns and exchanges.
9. Delivery 9.1 Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Order Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days after the date of the Order Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances and except in the case of pre-orders. 9.2 Your order will be delivered to the delivery address that you specify when placing your order. If we are unable to deliver to your delivery address, for example if your delivery address is geographically remote, we will notify you before we accept your order. We reserve the right not to deliver to any country that is prohibited by applicable export laws. Products comprised within the same order cannot be delivered to different addresses. 9.3 The Product(s) ordered will be at your risk from the time you receive the Product(s). Ownership of the Product(s) ordered will also pass to you upon your receipt of the Product(s), provided full payment of all sums due in respect of the Product(s), including any delivery charges, has been received. 9.4 If any Product you order is damaged or faulty when delivered to you or has developed a fault, you may have one or more legal remedies available to you, depending on when you make us aware of the problem, in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a Product was delivered damaged or faulty or has developed a fault, you should inform us as soon as possible, preferably in writing, giving your name, address and order reference. Nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
10. Returns and Exchanges. 10.1 Except for Beyond Complexion gift cards, which are final sale, we accept Products for returns and exchanges if requests are submitted within 10 days of receiving the order (in its entirety). To return or exchange your Product(s), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, order number (#) and the Product(s) you would like to exchange or return. After we receive your written request, we will respond with further instructions about returning the Product(s) to us. 10.2 Upon receiving the returned Product(s) from you, we will process any refund due to you as soon as possible. You will be refunded in full to your original form of payment, including the cost of standard delivery; however, we will not refund your cost of returning the Product(s) to us. If you received any promotional or other discount when you paid, any refund will only reflect the amount you actually paid. For more information about returns and exchanges, please see FAQ.
11. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties. 11.1 EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY US IN WRITING, BEYOND COMPLEXION, OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTIES“) MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE SITE’S ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY. THE BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTIES SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR THE TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR THE SITE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION CONVEYED TO THE USER OR FOR ERRORS, MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS THEREIN OR FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE DATA OR INFORMATION STREAM FROM WHATEVER CAUSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT AT YOUR OWN RISK. 11.2 THE BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, NO BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTY SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. 11.3 EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY US IN WRITING, THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 11.4 IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SUCH BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $500.00. 11.5 Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE LIABILITY OF THE BEYOND COMPLEXION PARTIES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AFFECTS ANY LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES YOU HAVE UNDER LOCAL LAW.
12. Indemnification. 12.1 To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Beyond Complexion Parties from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of this Agreement, any User Content or Feedback you provide, or your access to, use or misuse of the Content or the Services. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding that triggers this indemnification obligation, and you agree to do the same by writing to the Beyond Complexion Legal Department at email@example.com. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
13. ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER—IMPORTANT—PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH BEYOND COMPLEXION AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US, UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS SET FORTH BELOW. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS OR ARBITRATIONS ARE ALLOWED UNDER THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. IN ADDITION, ARBITRATION PRECLUDES YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. 13.1 YOU AND BEYOND COMPLEXION AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR OUR SERVICES IS PERSONAL TO YOU AND BEYOND COMPLEXION AND THAT ANY DISPUTE WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY THROUGH INDIVIDUAL ACTION, AND WILL NOT BE BROUGHT AS A CLASS ARBITRATION, CLASS ACTION OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. 13.2 Except for small claims disputes in which you or Beyond Complexion seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Beyond Complexion seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and Beyond Complexion waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or our Services resolved in court. Instead, for any dispute or claim that you have against Beyond Complexion or relating in any way to the Services, you agree to first contact Beyond Complexion and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to Beyond Complexion by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by certified mail addressed to Beyond Complexion Legal Department, email@example.com. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and Beyond Complexion cannot reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration. Arbitration proceedings will be held in Miami, Florida or may be conducted telephonically or via video conference for disputes alleging damages less than $500, in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason. 13.3 You and Beyond Complexion agree that this Agreement affects interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 13 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, this Agreement and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. 13.4 The arbitrator, Beyond Complexion, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including, but not limited to, all information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision. 13.5 You and Beyond Complexion agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and Beyond Complexion will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Beyond Complexion, Beyond Complexion will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and Beyond Complexion agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Florida and the United States sitting in Miami Dade county, Florida have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award. 13.6 Any claim arising out of or related to this Agreement or our Services must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, the claim is permanently barred, which means that you and Beyond Complexion will not have the right to assert the claim. You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 13 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with Section 18.1. 13.7 If any portion of this Section 13 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from this Agreement; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 13 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 13; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 13 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 13 will be enforceable.
14. Termination. 14.1 We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Site or the Content at any time and for any reason (including if we believe that you have engaged in any suspected fraudulent or abusive activity, or violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement) without prior notice or liability, including the right to reject any order you place for the purchase of Products, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your Account. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Services or the Content at any time without prior notice or liability. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, licenses of User Content, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, limitations of liability, class action waivers and arbitration.
15. User Must Comply with Applicable Laws. 15.1 You are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction and for abiding by all applicable local, state, provincial, national and international laws and regulations. 15.2 The United States controls the export of products and information. You expressly agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export any of the Content to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws. By downloading the Content, you are expressly agreeing that you are not in a country where such export is prohibited or are a person or entity for which such export is prohibited. You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of the Content.
16. Transfer and Processing of Personal Data. 16.1 In order for us to provide the Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
17. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. 17.1 The Content is provided with “RESTRICTED RIGHTS.” Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to the restrictions contained in 48 CFR 52.227-19 and 48 CFR 252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. Use of the Services or Content by the Government constitutes acknowledgement of our proprietary rights in the Services and Content.
18. Miscellaneous. 18.1 This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. Any dispute between you and Beyond Complexion that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in state and federal courts sitting in the City of Miami in the State of Florida. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. Any information you submit to or provide through the Site might be publicly accessible, and you should protect important and private information. We are not liable for protection of privacy of email or other information transferred through the Internet or any other network that you may use. 18.2 Except as expressly agreed by us and you, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between us and you with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This Agreement is personal to you, and is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. This Agreement will insure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of this Agreement and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service. Electronic notices should be sent to email@example.com. 18.3 Beyond Complexion is a limited liability company with its headquarters at 20725 NE 16 Ave Suite #A28. You may contact us at the following address: 20725 NE 16 Ave Suite #A28, or at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org