Fibroblast Tightening & Lifting Treatment
Let’s understand what Fibroblast is…
Fibroblasts are active, spindle- or star-shaped cells in the body’s connective tissue, especially the dermis.
Their function is to synthesize fibres, collagen and glycosaminoglycans. They are key in the dermis formation and play an important role in wound healing and everyday physiological activities in all tissues and organs in the body.
The number and productivity of fibroblasts decline with age. Their density gradually begins to decrease and fibroblasts in connective tissue rarely undergo division. Cellular division and regeneration are stimulated only by a wound healing process or inflammatory response. Trauma from plasma stimulates fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin.
On the skin we can create “wounds” by peeling the skin, microdermabrasion, dermapen, laser or fibroblast treatments. The deeper the treatment the better the result.
What is Fibroblast Tightening & Lifting Treatment?
Fibroblast Plasma Lift is the latest German technology and an alternative to Surgical procedures. This Non-Surgical treatment is used to lift and tighten the skin with minimum downtime or risks such as those associated with surgical procedures or open wounds, which is important as it reduces the risk of side effects such as scarring, infection, loss of pigmentation etc.
The needle-like tip of the Plasma Pen used in the treatment never penetrates skin tissue but causes a controlled superficial burn to restore the skin’s natural elasticity and collagen, improve acne scars, minimize pore appearance, skin tone, texture, fine lines and increase skin contour. Results can be seen some times immediately and continue over the next 6-12 weeks.
After the treatment tiny dry dots/scabs form. They need 5-10 days to fall off, thicker skin like the belly area might take longer; during this time you should keep the skin surface clean and protect it with special aftercare products and routine provided.
- Upper & Lower eyelids
- Mid-face lifting
- Lip plump and Lines
- Frown lines
- Crows feet
- Nasolabial folds (Smile lines)
- Smokers lines
- Stretch marks
- Removal of age & sun spots (usually not on face)
- Skin Tags removal
- It can be performed on any loose/saggy skin area.
- Non invasive and no surgery
- NO injectable anaesthetic required
- NO cutting of the skin
- NO stitches required
- LOW risk procedure
- Minimal side effects and far less downtime
- NO bruises
- NO thinning of the skin
- Significant COST savings
Trauma from Skin-Tightening energy treatment stimulates the fibroblasts to produce more collagen and elastin, resulting in skin tightening – lifting.
Phase 1: Inflammatory response/wound healing. Can last up to 5 -7 days
Phase 2: Regenerative phase & collagen synthesis. It lasts 7-28 days
Phase 3: New collagen productions.
Fibroblast-Skin Tightening is generally suitable for most people, as it is particularly effective at treating notoriously difficult-to-treat areas, namely around the eyes (periorbital) and around the mouth (perioral).
It is also suitable for most skin types and textures, although there are some contraindications, which are listed below:
- Darker skin Fitzpatrick scale 5 & 6
- If skin is prone to scarring/keloid scarring (usually darker skin)
- Severe active acne
- Herpes Simplex
- Moles and birthmarks
- Dermatitis or eczema
- Severe skin conditions
- Open wounds
- Psoriasis or vitiligo
- Any visible skin irritations
- Severe Diabetes
- Allergies or sensitivities to any of the products used during the treatment
- History of being treated with blood-thinning medications
- If client has been taking Accutane (Isotretinoin) in the last year
- CANCER patient that is going through chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Pregnant or breast-feeding,
- Immune-deficient or have any other auto-immune disorder
- If client has a pace-maker (due to frequency of pace-maker)
- Metal Plates or pins